I am getting an error message saying that there was an error in trying to link to Alexa and to try again later. I am using Amazon login for authentication and I have gone through the following to check for errors already.. https://forums.developer.amazon.com/articles/38610/alexa-debugging-account-linking.html
When attempting to link through the Alexa app, I get my login page, enter my credentials, and then it generates the error message with no other information to move forward on. I've tried on different browsers and platforms to no avail. I've cross checked with the following guide too:
This is a little frustrating as it should be more seamless especially when staying all within the Amazon infrastructure and hoping someone can help identify what I can do to get this working.
This is for development of a smart home API skill in case this is relevant
- Skill ID: amzn1.ask.skill.76c6aaa8-dfa9-44e8-a84f-3a151c4868a0
- Region(s) you're trying to link with: NA
- Device/Type platform (Android/iOS/Browser): Android, Browser
- Version of AlexaApp (Under settings -> about the alexa app): 1.24.3033.0
- Screenshot/description of issue (empty page? Seeing 'Unable to link' page? Button on page not functioning?): "An error occurred attempting to link Alexa with <app>. Please try again later"
- Exact time and date(in UTC, or with time zone) you tried and failed to link the skill.
- November 11th, Saturday 3:37pm PST
And from skill setup in the developer portal page:
- AuthorizationUrl: https://www.amazon.com/ap/oa
- Whitelisted Domains: https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/skill/link/XXXXXXXXXX
- AccountLinkingType (Implicit Grant or AuthCode): AuthCode