I have been trying to get a custom alexa skill running on a new echo dot device I have. I have previously had it correctly working on the same device with the same setup data and it responded to the invocation name fine. Now, with a different device, whenever I call any kind of utterance or just a standard launch request, it states "something went wrong" or something similar. I have tried loads of different invocation names and/or utterances.
I have also tried using the trivia game sample and the same thing happens, cannot understand any invocation name and states something went wrong, set up exactly as the sample recommends. I have the device properly set up with my account (same account for both Alexa + AWS) and the custom skills are visible and enabled on my Alexa mobile app. I have executed the AWS code using the textual debugger and it works as expected, and the AWS logs are also never reached when a verbal invocation is made on the device.
Could anyone please shed some light on this, have been trying to figure out why it won't work on this device (but has worked fine on the other) for days.