I'm integrating GameCircle into my game at the moment and had quite a difficult time on the signin/security side. My lats (I hope) remaining question is the following ;
which MD5 should we use for creating the API key. Is it the one of our APK before submission to the Amazon Appstore, or the one that Amazon use as part as its publishing process (which is unique for my company, and appears in the 'Binary file' section of the Developper console in the 'Appstore Certificate Hashes' section) ?
Thanks a lot for your support,
Soft Motion Labs
For other developpers, here is a short list of the thing I did not found in the documentation but by experimenting and in this forum ;
- having the debug version to run with GameCircle is easy, for the release one, it is far more tricky...
- if you have multiple version of your game (lite, full, underground in my case), you must first go under the 'Security Profile' of each of the app and connect them to the same security profile, then you use this security profile in the GameCircle configuration part,
- you must declare an API key for each of the application id (not package) you publish your game to,
- you have to check that the right API key ends up in your release APK under the assets dir,
- each time you go for the API key in the developper , it will change, this has no effect, but if you want to check that the release APK has the right API_key (previous step), don't use the devleoper console,
- Keep in mind that there are 3 MD5 for the API key configuration around : debug, release, and Amazon Appstore (which is my problem at the moment to end up the process of integrating GameCircle).