I was setting up my gamecircle username and instead of attempting to add the name that I typed in it decided to give me a default name, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to change it? or am I just stuck with it for good? thanks.
I just downloaded Riptide GP2 from Amazon App Store and logged in to my GameCircle account. I am able to change my nick name there by clicking the "Edit" button in GameCircle popup screen.
Can you please reinstall the app, login with same and another account and try?
Message was edited by:
Ok. I got this clarified from team.
The length of the nickname should be between 8 and 20 characters.
The valid character set consists of groups of allowable characters defined below.
- Any kind of letter from any language
- Any digit 0 through 9 in any language
- Any number that looks like a letter (like Roman numerals)
- A character intended to be combined with another character that takes up extra space (vowel signs in many Eastern languages)
- A character intended to be combined with another character without taking up extra space (e.g. accents, umlauts, etc.).
- Any kind of hyphen or dash.
- A combining character (mark) as a full character on its own.
- Any underscore, period, single quote, or equal sign
- KATAKANA MIDDLE DOT - Used in Japanese to separate first and last name characters
Thanks a lot for detailed tests. I am passing this to the concerned team for investigation right away. It seems like the editing nickname is inconsistent. We might need some specific information about the deceives and game circle account you are using while testing. You can do either of following. 1. Post the device model, name, serial no (the one which uniquely identify the device), your account email what you are using to login to GameCircle. 2. Raise a ContactUs (
https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html), provide all the above info. Please mention there you are redirected from this post.