For more than 3 years some basic voice control commands still show no improvment.
- The voice control of the volume is much too coarse.
Why can't I adjust the volume in % steps like Google Home can?
"Alexa, set volume to 35 percent" should not be a problem to recognize.
The app allows for finer steps than just from 1 to 10, so why doesn't the voice control allow finer steps too?
- If the clock is set to 24 hours clock there must not be any callback from Alexa if I meant AM or PM. 12:xx is always after noon and never at midnight.
Alexa should also not give answers like "Wecker gestellt fuer 12:30 nachmittags" but leave out the "nachmittags" (which is PM in English). On a 24h clock all times are unique, thus there should be no extra specification in the answer.
- If I ask for the time Alexa should not add statements like "have a nice day".
It seems nice and polite but over time it becomes a nuisance as I know it is just a programmed answer without any emotion.
Thus, I do not want any flowery phrases which I did not ask for.
I know that there is a setting to only give brief answers but that is too brief as I want a clear "OK" as a confirmation and not just some sound.
- The music grouping feature should also allow subgroups.
If I put all my echo devices in an EVERYWHERE group I sometimes also want to address a smaller group of devices. There are times when you want the same music in all of the house and others when you only want the same music in the basement and not in the dorm.
Thus, it should be possible to have the same device in more than a single group.
- The timers and alarms definitely should also accept a group specification.
When I set a timer in the kitchen I also want to get alarmed in the living room where I may be watching TV while the turkey is in the oven.
Thus, it should be possible to say: "Alexa, set "Turkey Timer" to 3 hours on the EVERYWHERE group".