I have an Animal Slot defined in my Quiz skill. I have many "baby-animals", that Alexa is not able to recognize while giving the quiz input.
Antling, Kitten, Pup, Cub
This is what it hears on the Echo Device:
- Antling - hears as ant, endling, angling. This particular word never gets right. Finally I had to go https://www.pronouncekiwi.com/Antling and have one of the pronunciations speak out. Even here, only one English USA male voice was able to produce the right result - so basically 100% it gets wrong
- Pup - hears as Pop, Cub. Rarely gets this right - 80% gets it wrong
- Kitten - hears many things but not this simple word - 50% gets it wrong
- Cub - hears multiple things sometimes gets it wrong.- about 30% gets it wrong
On Android Device and Kindle Fire most of the Animal Baby inputs, Alexa doesn't get right.
I have the following questions:
- Question 1 - How do I get a list of all Animals in the Amazon Animals Slot type, so that I can check whether there are better phrases, example I can change my answer to Puppy, if Pup is not available.
- Question 2 - If there a way to train Alexa to hear some of the phrases better
- Question 3 - Is the AI for Echo different and better, than the AI for Android Alexa and Kindle Fire Alexa. Why do Android and Kindle get so many phrases wrong