I'm in the process of setting up a prebuilt Alex 'Video' skill. I've followed this guide overall, nothing has been skipped: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/video/steps-to-create-a-video-skill.html
And this guide for the Account Linking using LWA: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/Tx3CX1ETRZZ2NPC/Alexa-Account-Linking-5-Steps-to-Seamlessly-Link-Your-Alexa-Skill-with-Login-wit
I'm pretty sure it is all setup correctly, but I feel like I may have missed something obvious.
On the page 'steps-to-create-a-video-skill.html', at 'Test Your Skill', Step 1, it says to add the 'Alexa Smart Home' trigger. I do this and initially it shows as "Disabled", with a grey sliding radio button on the left.
I click on the sliding radio button and it changes to blue 'Enabled'. I click Save and it all looks OK (no errors/warnings etc.)
Now, if I refresh the lambda page (or leave and return), and click on the Alexa Smart Home trigger, it shows as "Disabled" again. I cannot seem to enable it and there's no messages to indicate why it won't stay enabled.
When I load the iOS app or alexa.amazon.com, nothing appears for me under "Your Skills", and I am using the same developer account everywhere.
Any help is greatly appreciated to get me a bit further along in this process. I notice that many people have issues with the Skill not triggering the lambda function (related to region settings) but my issue seems to be one step before this as the skill doesn't appear at all in the iOS app or alexa.amazon.com.
- I am located in Australia but my Lambda is in us-east-1 as this was the only way I could use the pre-built video skills.
- I am using Node.js instead of Python for my lambda function (same functionality different language, it passes the tests and provides the expected output).
- I have setup the lambda endpoint ARN for the skill in the Alexa dev console.
- I have linked the Alexa Skill ID to my lambda Alexa Smart Home trigger.
- Skill language is "English (US)"