I have a custom skill. It is still in development.
It works perfectly:
- In the Alexa simulator in the developer console
- If I use the Alexa button in the Alexa App on my phone
- In the utterance profiler
According to my Alexa App, it is enabled.
And yes, my device is signed in with the same Amazon account that I use for developing.
The only time it doesn't work is when I talk to my Echo Dot device. (2nd Gen).
Whenever I ask it "Alexa, tell Fancy Pants to raise the blinds" she says "I don't know that one" or something similar.
I have even enabled the Custom Skill for beta testing, although I don't think that is strictly necessary.
I think that some obscure requirement must be missing, but what can it be?
So I have 2 questions:
- What can make it work everywhere except on the device?
- How do I properly trouble-shoot this and debug the problem?