I'm submitting a skill for certification, and am running into an error in the functional test - an error which I am unable to reproduce or determine the cause of.
The error is as follows:
The skill responds to users with an empty speech prompt when the skill session is open. Please note that when the skill session is open, the skill should not return empty TTS or silent SSML responses for any supported intent(s) within the skill.
In the simulator, and testing on my device, I have get back from the endpoint what I'm expecting to get back - cards, APL directives, speech, and all, and yet the functional test doesn't seem to work. I tested the intent with the sample utterances which the functional test said were failing, and they were working on both the device and the simulator.
This is highly frustrating as I've spent several hours trying to debug this, but haven't been able to find the discrepancy between what the automated test is saying is happening, and what I'm seeing on the device and the simulator.