Fellow skill builders and Amazon support.
I have just completed a public safety skill for State wide use. I would like to have the ability to "PUSH" urgent events down to select staff.
Such an event would be similar to an amber alert and/or a weather alert. But my needs are slightly different.
1) I need to be able to PUSH notification event to a previous registered alexa device. (Specific PRE registered user)
2) This event will need to play the mp3 that I push.
3) PUSH payload (JSON) SHOULD have the ability for me to MAX OUT VOLUME.
4) If user has enabled DND - Then the far end device should NOT play my push.
5) The far end (device) will need to have auto-retry abilities in the event their internet is down.
6) Confirmation that message has been pushed can be obtained by a response to my skill on a specific intent - Or I can code something into the URL that I send it to get a response.
Nice to haves:
Ability to push message to ALL consumers of the skill (global announcements)
Ability to push subtle messages (those that don't forcefully play mp3) to global or individuals.
Ability to push the above scenario.
The messages I push will be utilized for police, fire, emergency management and other mission critical needs. Due to liability and legal stuff - We ARE NOT CONSIDERED the primary alert mechanism - But would be utilized as a backup NOTIFICATION method in the event primary is down.
Please respond in kind with:
2) ETA of when such features are available?
3) Any and all docs that could assist me in my goal.
4) I also need to know what Alexa devices current (or will) support such PUSH notifications and how those are rendered on each device. (For example - A Fire Stick MAY accept a push notification, but if the users TV is off - Then it will not reach them) --- My goal is to focus on the dot/echo/show and mobile portions of Alexa.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration regarding this post. You assistance could GREATLY improve the safety of others and even save some lives.