We have several video streaming apps live on Android Mobile and Fire TV in their respective stores. UI for both platforms are different. We are now trying to create apps for Fire tablet as well. We have several questions around this:
- Should we replicate the code for Android Mobile or FireTV to make the Fire tablet apps? The tablet apps should have banner ads (300x250 for sure) - the Android app already has this (via Admob) + video ads but FireTV has only video ads. Will Admob display ads on Fire Tablet? If not, then what is a good alternative?
- We noticed that Firebase Analytics works on Android Mobile as well as on FireTV but it seems that it doesn't work on Fire Tablets. Is this true or are we missing something? Also, what is the best alternative analytics tool for Fire Tabs?
- Will bundle IDs for Fire Tablet have to be different than the ones we have for our FireTV apps? The UI for Fire Tabs may or may not be the same as FireTV apps.
- We tried to replicate the FireTV apps and run them on Fire Tablet to test and it worked in debug mode but did not in live testing. The app downloaded just fine but did not launch at all. Any idea of what we could do here?
- Amazon's IAP (in-app purchases) works fine on FireTV - will it work exactly in the same fashion on the Tablet apps or do we need to use some other integration?
We would appreciate any assistance that we can get on this. Thanks very much.