Dear Alexa Developers.
We have developed an Smart home skill to control the lights and everything seems to be working fine without any issues but when we rename the device name in Alexa App, it's not recognizing the device with a new name rather it still remembers the previous name which is there when the device first discovered in the app. Here is the Quick Example:
1) Let's say my device friendly name is "Study Room"
2) Discovered the device first time in Alexa app with Same name i.e. "Study Room"
3) Control the device with the friendly name "Study Room" via Alexa commands works as expected
4) Rename the device "Study Room" to "Bedroom" in ALEXA APP (not in the manufacturer's app)
5) Control the device with "Bedroom" friendly name does not works and gives error "Bedroom is not responding"
6) But Control the device with the friendly name "Study Room" is still working.
Can anyone help us to handle this as device name change in Alexa app is an independent name from the manufacturer's app? Any pointers to the documentation will be helpful.