We are implementing blind controls and would like users to be able to say basic things of the form
Alexa [open|close|raise|lower] the <device-name> [partly|fully|(a bit)? more]?
- qualifiers on the movement could appear in various locations in the utterance
- partly might be to some preset location between open and closed,
- fully is to the specified limit
- more is an adjustment to the current location in the implied direction.
- "Alexa open the lounge blinds a bit" to have the blinds open slightly,
- "Alexa open the lounge blinds a bit more" to increase the amount that the blinds are open.
- "Alexa open the lounge blinds" to go to some preset location if not at that preset location.
- "Alexa, fully open the lounge blinds" - self explanatory -
- "Alexa, close the lounge blinds" - to go to a preset location or fully closed if at that preset location.
For our use case, we want to be able to fully open, fully close, incrementally open and close and go to a favourite location. Whilst is is possible to achieve the effect using a "dimmable light" it is a somewhat jarring experience for a user to say things like "Alexa dim the lounge blinds to 10%" to have the blinds mostly closed.