I am trying to write a skill for fire tv stick. The desired user interaction is as follows:
- User asks my skill to do something
- Alexa gives a voice response
- The lambda function somehow talks to my app (a companion app if you may) in the fire tv with the details
- My app will does what the user asks.
When I searched in net, i didn't find much for the 3rd step. Other steps I am able to do though.
Right now my plan is to use SQS to push my custom intent from the lambda function. My application keeps polling that queue for new messages and when sees one, it will process that intent.
The drawback for this is I can never know which device has initialized the query and it is highly possible that one device's query will be answered by another.
- Is there more better way to achieve #3?
- If not, is there something I can do to detect the device which has actually initiated the query?
ps: I have seen this device id in the request of alexa but not sure how I can the fire tv will know about the device id if everything is with the skill.