I've seen a couple of other threads about this, but nothing that solves my issue. In one of the other threads, the H.Jones guy said that he was able to have his issue resolved by Amazon. Here's what's happening. I've got my own OAuth server implementation, and I've tested it to the gills - it works - with everything except for Amazon & authorization codes. The link to
works, then it generates an authorization code, then it redirects to Amazon with the code and state, then it goes right to a non-descript error page. Steps: 1. Link with Eco Automations 2. Login page shows 3. Login information submitted, code generated 4. Redirect to "/authorize" on Amazon 5. Redirect to "An error occurred while attempting to link..." I've tested this 982374923874 ways, and it works, except when going through Amazon's servers. I've also tried to reach out to the Alexa Connected Home email account, and haven't gotten a response. It's worth noting that when I set this up originally, I used Login with Amazon as my oauth provider (as I hadn't finished ours yet), and it worked. I then finished up the implementation, and asked to have it updated, and now it won't work at all. Maybe there is a setting messed up in my account for the oauth links (which I have 2 emails outstanding asking for clarification on)? Is there a better way to get support for Connected Home? Can someone at Amazon help me out? Thanks!
@ecoautomation - would you be able to share what "configuration issue" solved this problem for you? How did you get in contact with the guys @ Amazon to do this configuration for you? And to clarify, instead of redirecting to the /partner-authorization/establish endpoint, you actually just returned a JSON with the state and code in it to the original request to the /authorize endpoint?
Long overdue reply to this thread. I finally got the issue resolved after working through it for about a week - and with some persistence, I got a hold of some of the guys @ Amazon to help out. First issue was that there was some configuration issue on Amazon's side (not sure what it was, but they "fixed" it). Second issue was that, even though my OAuth server was written to spec, and followed a "redirect_uri" value that was passed in on the grant request for the token, I ended up disregarding it (if it were passed in) and just returning the JSON. If Amazon detects a redirect, it flips out, so don't do that lol. Once I did that, everything sync'd up and it all started working. Logistics will always bite you in the butt - but I'm glad we got it resolved. Thanks for the help guys!
That's interesting - I had mine working fine with my own OAuth server, and I requested to have it updated to use Login with Amazon. It broke when they made the change (now it won't authenticate), and I can't get any response at all from the guys at Amazon to find out why. They have just been ignoring my almost daily e-mails for a week, and I am stuck with a broken system. Martin